The Princes' Hall, on the site originally intended for the nave of the court chapel, was completed in 1772 as the first purely early neoclassical room in the Würzburg Residenz. Restoration of the hall, which was severely damaged in 1945, was completed in 1978.
Prince-Bishop Adam Friedrich
von Seinsheim, state portrait
The oblong room with stucco reliefs by Materno Bossi became the new focal point of the Seinsheim era and was used as a dining room, a games room and a concert hall.
The name and significance of the room are derived from the decoration program: set in the window piers are full-length state portraits of the patron, the Würzburg prince-bishop Adam Friedrich von Seinsheim, and his seven immediate predecessors.
| top |